With the Proper Kitchen Tools – Cooking may be More Fun
As a eager house cook and kitchen aficionado you’ll all the time hear, at weekends and in the evenings, the staccato sound of chopping, the sizzle and bubble of the pans and the organized clatter utensils, pots and pans emanating from my kitchen. I now have a very good range of kitchen equipment to create this symphony of sound- but this was not all the time the way.
High quality Kitchenware is King…
After I bought my first flat and funds have been tight, I fitted out my late 1980’s Kitchen accessories in the then-in vogue, red and black instruments and kitchen equipment – which though appeared quite good on the time, however were of poor quality and have all been changed over the years.
My lesson was learnt after visiting the kitchen of a chef good friend who showed me the quality and consideration he had taken in the buying of the spectacular assortment of his cookware.
It grew to become instantly clear to me that by shopping for the highest quality kitchen equipment I may afford, I might make sure that cooking and entertaining would develop into loads easier, sooner and fun. Under is my essential kitchen instruments list.
The Cutting Edge Kitchen…
– Top of my list of for everyday use are my chefs reducing and chopping knives, which, as yours should be, are top quality and are sharpened regularly.
– I have a carving knife which is made of a forged steel blade with high carbon content [as my other knives are]
– Cutting boards are equally essential for convenience and needs to be well positioned. It is best to have more than one -I use a big wooden one for the massive jobs and have discovered that small plastic ones are good for the smaller common jobs like slicing onions – and are simpler to scrub in the dishwasher!
– My oldest kitchen instrument is a large black iron frying pan given to us by my wife’s Swedish grandmother, which is at all times great for cooking at high warmth and not burning.I find that heavier pans with a thick base are all the time the best.
– Build up a very good range of oven proof baking and roasting trays and dishes – you possibly can never have enough.
– An excellent vegetable peeler is useful for pace and saving -which you’d cut off using a knife – no matter how sharp.
– A ceramic pestle and mortar is at all times surprisingly helpful – I exploit it to crush garlic.
– Get one of the best and most robust wheel can opener -for efficiency and safety.
– A large range of metal spatulas and serving spoons – It is no use creating a great meal if you can’t serve it efficiently!
-Scissors are a instrument I did without for a long time, however are invaluable for these further jobs like opening packaging.
Other necessary kitchen utensils are; tongs, whisks, a easy metal grater, a bread knife and anything which is labour saving within the type of cooking you do.
There isn’t any use in spending a fortune on a designer lemon squeezer you hardly use, once you do all you whisking with a serving fork!